cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [design] Cocoon Blocks 1.1
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:22:08 GMT

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> >a) I think a block should also be able to expose resources directly, e.g.
> >   images.
> >
> Carsten:
>
> Do you think it would be reasonable for access to a resource to be
> expressed as a service. I.e. the client goes though an interface exposed
> as a service to access the resource.  This present the benefit that the
> block (as the resource repository) does not need to be exposed to the
> client.  It also means that we are always dealing with the same
> conceptual service access model.

Sorry, perhaps we are talking about the same thing, but I lost you here.
I think, it makes sense to access resources (= files) via the block
protocol, e.g.:

<map:read src="block:skin://images/logo.jpg"/>

Now, we could say that "images/logo.jpg" is resolved using a sitemap
and therefore implemented as a pipeline, so resources are not served
directory.

Do you mean this (I guess not ;) )?

Carsten