cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Giuseppe Di Pierri" <p...@arpage.ch>
Subject [donation] user communication system
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:49:50 GMT
Hi everybody,

we are working with Cocoon as Users for a year, but this is the first time
we develop something for it.

We would like to donate this couple of classes that serves as 'standard'
User Communication System (don't let you deceive by the name, it is a simple
stuff).

The aim is to simply communicate by means of homogeneous messages to the
web-application user from actions or XSPs or generated XMLs.

We can describe it as three components:

Message Model: collection of information (like type and parameters) that
characterizes the message. Generally this is created in an action or xsp.

Message View: composition of the message using the model, in the 'language'
of the final user. Generally created in a first generated xml or xsp.

Message Stylesheet: customization of the user interface for the list of
accumulated messages (typically message2html.xsl).

For a better understanding of its mechanism we suggest to play with the
sample 'trading' and click on readme.

It is also compliant with the actual form-validation action status.
At last it has been developped and tested on cocoon 2.0.3.

We hope that you find it helpful.
Since we are not so proud for its code quality, we hope that you can help us
working on it for improving and extending it as well.

ciao

patrick (patrick@arpage.ch)
and his right hand pino@arpage.ch (who's writing)

PS: this has been developped and tested on cocoon 2.0.3