cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: Looking for help in the upcomming release
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:24:34 GMT
The code compiled happily with:

./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true webapp-local

Tomcat 4.1.16 (alpha)
Mac OS X 10.2.2
Java 1.4.1 (prerelease)

Attempt to access the home page, results in the error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/excalibur/instrument/Instrumentable

as per the "excalibur-datasource and avalon-excalibur doesn't fit"
discussion currently going on.

Stuart.

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 07:39  am, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> The Cocoon Project is working very hard to release 2.0.4 by Wednesday,
> December 4.
>
> To meet this goal -- which clearly will benefit all users -- we need
> some *specific* QA (quality assurance) input from the user community.
>
> To help, here's what you need to do:
>
> 1. Update your local CVS repository to the *latest* 2.0.4 branch
>    version from CVS.
>
> 2.  ./build.[sh|bat] clean
>
> 3. ./build.[sh\bat] -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true webapp  (or
> webapp-local)
>
> 4. Assure that you use the same JDK for running Cocoon that you also
>    used for building.
>
> 5. Test *all* samples. Hit each and every sample page from links
> beginning at http://127.0.0.1:8080/cocoon/samples/
>
> 6. Report back here on your findings, good or bad.
>
> 7. Make sure you describe your test environment: Platform and JVM,
> including version numbers.
>
> 8. If you find problems, be specific about the problem description:
> what
>    page, what error, etc.
>
> 9. If you can provide a patch/info to fix the problem, even better.
>
> What we do *not* need:
> Please do not submit requests for XYZ features, dreams, etc. Please
> save
> these ideas for future versions.
>

> Thanks.
>
> The Cocoon Team
>
> Carsten Ziegeler
> c.ziegeler@web.de

            Public Key - 1024D/88DD65AF 2001-11-23 Stuart Roebuck
(Adolos)
      Key fingerprint = 89D9 E405 F8B1 9B22 0FA2  F2C1 9E57 5AB1 88DD
65AF
-
Stuart Roebuck
stuart.roebuck@adolos.com
Systems Architect                             Java, XML, MacOS X, XP,
etc.
ADOLOS
<http://www.adolos.com/>