cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: updated lucene components
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:43:44 GMT

On Saturday, Nov 23, 2002, at 19:19 Europe/London, Bernhard Huber wrote:

> hi,
> great job,
>
> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I have updated the lucene search components and their documentation
>> in Cocoon 2.1.
>> The Search Indexer is now able to make 'stored lucene fields' out of
>> chosen XML elements in your indexed XML, which allows you to show
>> information like the title and summary of a document found by
>> performing a search query.
>> Should I highlight this addition by:
>> a) writing a faq about it, or
>> b) implementing it in the search example, by setting (in
>> cocoon.xconf) that the <title/> tag of documents should be stored and
>> modifying (if necessary) the xslt that displays hits?
> alternativly to a) you might consider updating
> the documentation
> src\documentation\xdocs\userdocs\concepts\xmlsearching.xml
>
> i think updating this document is better than adding an faq
>
> b) +0
>
> regards bernhard

OK, I'll do that.

I have been frustrated trying to make the same changes to 2.0.3.
It compiles and the code looks like it will work, it's just I can't get
Cocoon 2.0.3 started in TomCat 4.1.12, ugh!

My system's setup for Cocoon 2.1 and TomCat 4.1.12, and I can't work
out how to switch it over, I also cannot find any docs on this
combination.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

regards Jeremy