cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Subrahmanya, Noida" <subrahma...@noida.hcltech.com>
Subject Transformer Creates Error in getContentAsSAX
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:11:44 GMT
Hi,
 I am using  xml datbase SocratesXML 1.3 which has support for XML:DB API.
 I am trying to integrate it with cocoon2.
I have cofigured following things
for cocoon.xconf
  <source-handler logger="core.source-handler">
    .
    .
    .
    <!-- xmldb pseudo protocol -->
    <protocol class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSourceFactory"
name="xmldb">
      <!-- Add here other XML:DB compliant databases drivers -->
      <!-- SocratesXML XMLDB Driver -->
      <driver class="ordbxml.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="socratesxml"/>
    </protocol>
    .
    .
    .
</source-handler>
and  sitemap.xmap
    <!-- ======================= XML:DB ============================== -->
 <map:match pattern="demodb/**">
  <map:generate src="xmldb:socratesxml:///demodb/Mytown University/Student
applications/{1}"/>
 <!--  <map:transform src="maps-sheets/applicationxsl.xsl"/> --> <!--
Statement 1-->
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 </map:match>
I have database setup with XMLResource Chani at collection Mytown
University/Student applications/
Note Statement i is being commented. When request  for url
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/demodb/Chani
<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/demodb/Chani>  it completely displays
Chani XML on browser. But by being statement 1 uncommented it throws attched
exception.
What could be the reason? I think in first case it looks for transformer .
If it is not there it calls getContent or else getContentAsSAX.
Is there any Idia. Is it possible to use cutomer code to generate XML enevts
for XML:DB pseudo protocol. If yes any idea to how go about it?

With Thanks and Regards,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>B. Subrahmanya Nayak
Member Technical Staff,
HCL Technologies Ltd.,

 <http://www.subrahmanya.50megs.com/>

Disclaimer:

This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient only. If
you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside in this
document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy, use or
otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be
unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of
HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation,
contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which
must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or
obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the
original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.

  _____

<http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=hotbar%5felement%3
bst%3b&SG=&RAND=1> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!