cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Lucene Problems
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:34:11 GMT

On Sunday, Nov 3, 2002, at 20:34 Europe/London, Bernhard Huber wrote:

>> Before I started to have the indexing failures, I had another
>> problem,  this time much more difficult to replicate.
>>
>> About every 10 searches, I would get a "Bad Resource" error from
>> LuceneGenerator. A simple reload of the page would give me the search
>>  hits I expected.
>>
>> Can anyone think of a Cocoon cause for these problems, or should I
>> get  onto the Lucene team about them?
>
> Do you have anymore detailed exception stack traces?

Now I have the indexing fixed, I have started getting this intermittent
bug again, here is the stacktrace you asked for.

Incidentally, you can see from the fragment of my page, at the bottom
of the stacktrace, that Lucene appeared to find 30 hits.

The actual Lucene exception appears in the 3rd chunk, I am CIncluding
this search from an internal pipeline.

Thanks for your help

regards Jeremy

An error occurred
The org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode
notifies that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:

Failed to execute pipeline.

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad file descriptor

extra info
full exception chain stacktrace
Original exception : org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to
execute pipeline.: java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad
file descriptor
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource.toSAX(SitemapSour
ce.java:380)
at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.toSAX(AbstractEnvironm
ent.java:532)
at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CIncludeTransformer.processCIncludeElem
ent(CIncludeTransformer.java:384)
at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CIncludeTransformer.startTransformingEl
ement(CIncludeTransformer.java:176)
at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.AbstractSAXTransformer.startElement(Abs
tractSAXTransformer.java:333)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLTeePipe.startElement(XMLTeePipe.java
:118)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.parse(XMLByteS
treamInterpreter.java:134)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLByteStreamInterpreter.deserialize(XM
LByteStreamInterpreter.java:110)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipe
line.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:271)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:483)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(
SerializeNode.java:149)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(Containe
rNode.java:68)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallNode.invoke(CallN
ode.java:133)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:85)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.i
nvoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:166)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(P
ipelineNode.java:153)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:109)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
PipelinesNode.java:143)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cessor.java:326)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cessor.java:308)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(Moun
tNode.java:131)
[...]
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1069)
at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
at
erChain.java:193)
at
e.java:260)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
e.java:191)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:239
6)
at
:180)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
:172)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
java:174)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:40
5)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:380)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:50
8)
at
.java:533)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:491)

Original exception : org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to
execute pipeline.: java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad
file descriptor
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
XMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:518)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipe
line.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:204)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:483)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:650)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource.toSAX(SitemapSour
ce.java:371)
[...]
org.apache.cocoon.components.search.LuceneCocoonPager.next(LuceneCocoonP
ager.java:272)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateHit(SearchGenerator
.java:621)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateHits(SearchGenerato
r.java:603)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateResults(SearchGener
ator.java:580)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generate(SearchGenerator.ja
va:514)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
XMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:496)
[...]

Original exception : java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits:
Bad file descriptor
[...]

stacktrace
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad file descriptor
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipe
line.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:293)
[...]
original message java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad
file descriptor

If you need help and this information is not enough, you are invited to
read the cocoon faq.
If you still don't find the answers you need, can send a mail to the
Cocoon users mailing list, remembering to

     * specify the version of Cocoon you're using, or we suppose that
you are talking about the latest version;
     * specify the taglibs and sitemap components that are pertinent;
     * specify the platform-operating system-version-servlet container
version;
     * send any pertinent error message;
     * send pertinent log snippets;
     * send pertinent sitemap snippets;
     * send pertinent parts of the page that gives you problems.

For more detailed technical information, take a look at the log files
in the log directory of cocoon, which is /WEB-INF/logs by default.
Logging configuration is by default in /WEB-INF/logkit.xconf.

If you think you found a bug, please report it to Apache's Bugzilla; a
message will be sent to the developer mailing list.

[ jump to main content ]
soft season
09/-12/02
all seasons4site search4

institute of international visual arts.
inIVA
On this page:
search form
search results
4

[ jump to page title ]
inIVA online
search

[ jump to search results ]
Search form

enter a query into the text field below, then click the 'search'
button, see the examples for ideas about how to use our search facility

[ jump to page title ]
Search results
hits: 30, pages: 3

Pages: