cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: caching in pipelines
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:40:52 GMT
Micheal,

Many thanks for your explanation!
That really helps.

Now I just need to find out why CachingCIncludeTransformer does not
cache internal pipelines.

I am refactoring my pipelines right now, to get around this and getting
a *4 speed increase (but it will take all day :<{ to get the job done).

I wonder if it is a bug, or if it is *known* not to cache internal
pipelines?

regards Jeremy

On Thursday, Nov 21, 2002, at 12:54 Europe/London, Michael Melhem wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 03:48:01PM +0000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

<snip/>

>> Should CInclude be able to cache internal pipelines it calls, if they
>> are made up exclusively of cacheable components? Because it is
>> difficult to see that this is actually happening. Running the Profiler
>> on these internal pipelines appears to show that they are executing
>> every time I hit the same page, taking a similar duration each time
>> they are hit,
>>
>> The non-caching CIncludeTransformer actually seems marginally quicker.
>>
>> =:-{eek} what's happening?
>
> Im not so privy with the caching/non-caching CIncludeTransformer, so
> perhaps someone else could answer this for you.

<snip/>