cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Lucene Problems
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2002 18:41:21 GMT
Dear All,

I am getting some problems with Lucene, and would like to see if
any-one else is getting the same. They are not reported on the Lucene
bug-list.

I am getting these problems on MacOSX 10.2.1, JVM 1.3.1.

Indexing:

When my site got over a certain size, Lucene started throwing an
exception during the indexing process saying:

  IOException in index()

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: IOException in
index(): java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-
files/index/_1d.f30 (Too many open files)

This causes the index to be incomplete, and causes further problems
when you try to search using the index.

If I use the Lucene Samples in Cocoon, and index my Cocoon
documentation, I always get this error.

Before I started to have the indexing failures, I had another problem,
this time much more difficult to replicate.

About every 10 searches, I would get a "Bad Resource" error from
LuceneGenerator. A simple reload of the page would give me the search
hits I expected.

Can anyone think of a Cocoon cause for these problems, or should I get
onto the Lucene team about them?

Thanks for any help

regards Jeremy