cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [important proposal] Cocoon as official Apache project
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:55:47 GMT

On Saturday, Nov 2, 2002, at 15:51 Europe/London, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> So the expire tag has a double benefit. First it lightens the load on
> the
> app server, because the web server caches and second it lightens the
> load on
> the web server when the the browser has read the content once.

Thanks for this, yes it really works well!

Do you have any recommendations how to manage caching on internal
pipelines?

I have a <component/> architecture in my current project that uses
cinclude to import internal pipelines into documents that helps keep
component implementation separate from usage (even from main sitemap).

I am struggling to work out what gets cached, and what does not ;)

regards Jeremy