cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Aston" <jeremyas...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: New ZipArchiveSerializer
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 11:26:37 GMT
Hi Sylvain,

The latter is correct.  What you get a *DirectoryGenerator style listing
that shows the properties of any zip files it hits as a whole (last mod,
number of entries etc) and then each entry in the zip file with their
properties e.g. compressed size, uncompressed size etc.

It could, for example, be used in conjunction with the serializer (and some
other bits of code) to build an archive file manager.  I've not checked the
serializer out yet but I am assuming that it works one way only - i.e. from
source to zip.  What might complete the suite is something that grabs a
source from a zip file so you have stuff that will handle both archive and
extraction.

I've not tested my stuff on Unix or with tar/gz either - if I do that I
might rename to Archive* rather than Zip*.

If it is of enough generic interest then I am more than happy to post the
code for inclusion in the scratchpad - but it's not *that* clever ;-)

Rgds

Jeremy