cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: machine name for cocondev.org
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:23:13 GMT
Hi,

I just saw an ad yesterday during the 49ers v. Raiders game that had shown these
mysterious cocoons showing up all over. Then, what pops out? The microsoft MSN
butterfly!

But why does the machine name need to be changed if it is going to be a bunch of
virtual hosts pointed from the apache.org domain?

I would suggest somoething like the following for all projects:

dev.projectx.cocoon.apache.org -- for development purposes

Then when ready to go to QA, create a branch/tag and promote the site to:

qa.projectx.cocoon.apache.org

If something is broken, fix it in the branch and keep QAing until it can be
promoted to something like:

cert.projectx.cocoon.apache.org

>From the 'certified' stage the project can break out of it's cocoon and take
flight (by being copied over to a live stage/server).

best,
-Rob