cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <jus...@paraliansoftware.com>
Subject Re: Is anyone using cocoon.xconf files in Mounts?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 21:45:31 GMT
Vadim and Sylvain, thanks for your replies.

Too bad that functionality doesn't exist, that would explain why no one
responded, they didn't know what I was talking about :) I wonder how
that information got into the Wiki. It certainly seems like a good idea.

The strange thing is that I am able to access some components that were
defined in a sub-cocoon.xconf, but not in the main cocoon.xconf (just
not components that use ComponentSelectors). I'm confused now as to why
this is happening, could it be because they appear in my my.roles file?
[ok, i just tested removing the component out of the cocoon.xconf files
and I can still access it, obviously I'm not quite understanding
something here]

So if <map:components> is the way to do it, I'll start again there. Is
it documented, or discussed on the list?

I really like the idea though, especially for what I was trying to use
it for. I'm developing multiple Cocoon apps at a time on one
development server, and being able to to have sub-cocoon.xconf files as
well as sub-sitemaps means that I don't have to change anything when I
deploy an app.

Thanks again,
   Justin

On Friday, November 8, 2002, at 12:19  PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Are you referring to
> http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UnderstandingCocoonMounts ?

Yep.