cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Mods to CocoonLucene
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:55:33 GMT

On Friday, Nov 15, 2002, at 20:25 Europe/London, Bernhard Huber wrote:

> Hi,
> just getting online, and found some time to answer your question:
>
> ad Short Description:
>
> SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl lookup a component with role
> LuceneXMLIndexer.ROLE by default cocoon.xconf
> associates SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl with this role.
>
> ad Configuration Questions:
> SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl is already configurable,
> making SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl configurable,
> check the coding in SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl, and read
> the Avalon Framework Configuration API Documentation.
>
> Changing the configuration for SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl
> you modify cocooon.xconf:
> <cocoon-indexer>
>   <!-- change merge factor from default value 10, to 5
>        see SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl configure()
>   -->
>   <merge-factor>5</merge-factor>
>
>   <!-- change analyzer to German Analyzer
>        see SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl configure()
>   -->
> <analyzer-classname>org.apache.lucene.analysis.de.GermanAnalyzer</
> analyzer-classname>
> </cocoon-indexer>

Thanks, I can see where this happens now.

> Adding configuration to SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl you work
> the same way as in SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl.
>
> Adding your <title> stuff SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl may be
> expressed
> in the configuration:
>
>   <index-field-rules>
>     <!-- sequence of index field rules is important,
>       first come first server rule resolution
>     -->
>     <index-field-rule name="*@title" mode="Indexed,Stored"/>
>     <!-- the default rule as yet used -->
>     <index-field name="*@*" mode="Unstored"/>
>     <index-field name="body" mode="Unstored"/>
>   </index-fields>

You have me confused, now, are you saying this is already implemented?
I cannot find any reference to this configuration in the 2.1 code.

> ad Index Updating:
>   hopefully will answer you later....
>
> ad Content View Setting:
> define in your sitemap:
>   <map:view from-label="content" name="index-view">
>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>   </map:view>
>
> Use index-view in indexing/crawling a new view-name, check by using
> url ...?cocoon-view=index-view your setting

Are you sure this configuration is being read?

The default "cocoon-view=content" is set in
"SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl", but I cannot see where the configuration
overrides the default.

SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl has an empty 'configure' method.

regards Jeremy