cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: OT: Summary: Cocoon Stammtisch @ Frankfurt
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 12:31:07 GMT
Michael Hartle wrote:

> * Who: Regarding the guests, the list has grown considerably compared to
> the last Stammtisch - hopefully I haven't forgot anyone, but currently
> it looks like Marcus Crafter, Michael Melhem, Wolfram Eisert, Christian
> Haul, Mariano Kamp, Torsten Curdt, Matthew Langham, Carsten Ziegeler and
> Andreas Fuchs plus myself are probably going to visit, making it 10
> people; when our "international" guests can make it too, we'd be 13 -
> well, I am not superstitious, but anyone is invited to increase that
> number.
>
> * When: As a date for the Stammtisch, we more or less settled on
> December, 9th; we might even have some guests from the UK (Andrew
> Savory), Belgium (Steven Noels) and perhaps Italy (Nicola Ken Barozzi).

Make that affirmative for me (as in 'booked my tickets' already) for
Monday 9/Dec - Andrew & David from Luminas will be coming too.

> * Where: Here, we still have to decide - due to lacking public transport
> connectivity and the necessity for un-alcoholized drivers for the
> Schnitzel armageddon, we need an alternative location (*sigh*) that is
> easily accessed via public transport. Michael Melhem proposed an irish
> pub at Frankfurt/Hauptbahnhof (@Michael: "main train station", so I made
> an educated guess - right ? Do you have a phone number of that pub ?)
> which should reduce any travelling by public transport to a minimum, but
> I fear that we lack the possibility to reserve for up to 13 people,
> having a meal or a noise level suited for a decent conversation, but I
> may be wrong. An alternative proposal of mine was a good restaurant at
> Frankfurt/Höchst, about 3 train stations (or 9 minutes) from
> Frankfurt/Hauptbahnhof, which is close to the train station,  large
> enough for us, provides good yugoslavian food and you can have a good
> talk over there; all this needs is using the local train towards the
> city - at 00:39, the latest train (S1 direction "Offenbach Ost") heads
> towards the city.

At what time would we need to be ... wherever? Maybe it is easier to
reserve seats somewhere closer to the city center? I don't know
Frankfurt that much, but I suppose getting to the city center must be
pretty easy.

And maybe create an overview page with all info on the Wiki:
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Events - the link is already
there.

See you there!

</Steven>