cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Making Cocoon instance available to other components
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:00:17 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> I disagree.  It should be a component.  What if I want to use cocoon
> for transformations/etc outside the context of a servlet?  (I might soon).

Then you may either do it the way that it's currently done in
CocoonServlet and Main ("new Cocoon()") or use an enclosing component
manager (see the parent CM feature).

But Bruno's problem, which is handling a request from a component
managed by Cocoon's ECM, is solved by looking up Processor.ROLE in the
CM it receives through Composable.compose().

Sylvain