cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:51:13 GMT
Marcus Crafter wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>	Hope all is well.
>
>	In Gent Sylvain and I spoke about including the Excalibur
>	Instrumentation	client (http://cvs.apache.org/~crafterm/instrumentation.jpg)
>	as a jar file inside Cocoon's CVS, with some documentation and simple
>	startup scripts.
>
>	Does anyone see any problems with this ? Where would be the best
>	place to put it ? tools/lib ?

Hi Marcus,

Of course there's no problem !

About the location, considering Nicola Ken's proposal about Jetty, I
think we should keep "tools" for _build_ tools, and create a new
directory for runtime tools that will include Jetty and Instrument
client, as these tools may be used to deploy or to monitor a deployed
Cocoon application.

So what a about a new "runtime" or "deploy" directory (or a better name) ?

Sylvain