cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] board resolution version 1.1
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 07:42:45 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
[...]
> When we
> need to introduce new people to PMC membership and retire
> old ones, we need a consistent definition of "PMC membership".

Just my 2c, but IMHO anyone that partecipates actively on the list with
discussions, suggestion and social engineering is "active".

Probably it's the "committer" part that is confusing, since it's more
about "committable", ie who has the right to commit.

As for retirement and taking new ones, ATM I don't see a problem in
having them deemed inactive if they do not partecipate for some time,
having "partecipate" a quite wide meaning.

For example, Ross Gardler has not really committed bif stuff since some
time now on Krysalis, but I honestly do consider him "active", since he
has been really helping with suggestions, tips, discussions and so on. I
would never retire someone like him :-)

I'll leave the definition of the details to others though, these are
just my two pennies.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -