cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Include Jetty in Cocoon CVS
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:05:42 GMT

To make it easier to try, test and debug Cocoon, I propose that we
include the Jetty webserver in ./tools/jetty/** , and make it run with
the latest build of Cocoon directly from an Ant target.

I already did it for Forrest and it works well. We would then have a
ready-to-use solution that includes the webserver, instrumentation (see
latest email from mighty Marcus), and in the near future a modular block
system and composable samples library.

Why not Tomcat? It's bigger and has higher startup times.
Besides, since many use Tomcat, having a different webserver that is
used every day can help us be more compatible between containers (and
give a bit of in-house competition to Tomcat ;-).

If the responses are positive, it can be done quite quickly.
To see how it can work, download and install forrest, then in an empty
dir do "forrest seed" (to create an empty site), "forrest run" (to load
Jetty), and point the browser to localhost:8888.

What do you think?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -