cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] board resolution version 1.1
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:57:49 GMT
Things to be decided:

1) the PMC chair. so far I'm the only person who volunteered. I'd be
happy to accept that job. (hey, that would turn me into a vice-president
of the foundation, wow :-)

                                - o -

2) the list of PMC members.

My intention is to have a large PMC. Every active cocoon committer will
have the chance to be in that PMC without requiring an election.

At the same time, I'd ask you people to consider partecipation at the
PMC as a serious thing and step out *NOW* if you don't feel like you
should be there.

A PMC is the Project Management Commitee. As for ASF bylaws, the PMC is
legally responsible of the oversight of the project and reports directly
to the ASF board via its chair.

The PMC is responsible for *all* the codebases that it will host. Note
that if the Cocoon PMC will host more codebases, *all* committers from
all hosted codebases will be treated equal, this (and other ASF-wide
communities) will hopefully avoid the jakarta-effect of internal
fragmentation.

This is the list of the current active committers

       Nicola Ken Barozzi (nicolaken@apache.org)
       Marcus Crafter (crafterm@apache.org)
       David Crossley (crossley@apache.org)
       Torsten Curdt (tcurdt@apache.org)
       Bertrand Delacr&#233;taz (bdelacretaz@apache.org)
       Vadim Gritsenko (vgritsenko@apache.org)
       Christian Haul (haul@apache.org)
       Ivelin Ivanov (ivelin@apache.org)
       Stefano Mazzocchi (stefano@apache.org)
       Stephan Michels (stephan@apache.org)
       John Morrison (morrijr@apache.org)
       Steven Noels (stevenn@apache.org)
       Andrew Oliver (acoliver@apache.org)
       Giacomo Pati (giacomo@apache.org)
       Konstantin Piroumian (kpiroumian@apache.org)
       Ovidiu Predescu (ovidiu@apache.org)
       Jeremy Quinn (jeremy@apache.org)
       Gianugo Rabellino (gianugo@apache.org)
       Peter Royal (proyal@apache.org)
       Diana Shannon (shannon@apache.org)
       Davanum Srinivas (dims@apache.org)
       Sylvain Wallez (sylvain@apache.org)
       Carsten Ziegeler (cziegeler@apache.org)

If you think you should be there but you are not listed, please speak up
now.

If you don't want to sit in the PMC, please speak up now.

[matthew has been proposed and will be added to the list if accepted]

                                - o -

3) the scope of the Cocoon PMC

well, this is not easy, I'll try to come up with something soon and a
vision to share.