cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] Cocoon citizenship for Matthew Langham
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:19:06 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 November 2002 14:45, Matthew Langham wrote:
>
>>. . .can't we add "Cocoon authors" to the PMC list :-).
>

> Can't we add "cocoon evangelists" to it?

All right. I hereby propose Matthew Langham for commit access.

What he will commit is up to him, hopefully something :)

No, seriously, there has been a huge amount of discussions on
community@apache.org about the role of committership compared to
membership. Some projects have been accused to give away commit access
as *free candy*. I disagree. Delegation is a strenght.

I'd rather have 20 idle committers than leaving a possible committer out
there.

Committership is not about 'writing code', is about being 'a citizen of
the cocoon community'. And citizens have a passport that lets them into
the country easy. Our country is our CVS module.

Result, I don't see why Matthew, which has helped cocoon immensively and
continously in the past 18 months, shouldn't deserve cocoon citizenship.

Place your vote.