cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: release plan for 2.1?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:50:08 GMT
Robert Koberg wrote:
> What do you mean? of course you can use another parser such as Xerces. You just
> need to set the system property:
> javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
> to:
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

I think you are right, even if I haven't tried it yet. But this either
means that we ship with Saxon as default XSLT processor and Xerces as
default XML parser or we ship with Xalan or XSLTC but wait until their
bugs are fixed.

Amyway, I just meant to point out that XSLT processing is IMHO the
single big trouble spot with 2.1 right now. We can have an incomplete or
buggy flow/XMLForm/auth/portal implementation, but we cannot ship with
an XSLT that is worse than 2.0.3.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/