cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: release plan for 2.1?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:55:34 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I'm not aware of major showstoppers - but some features are not finalized
> and sorted out yet, which means some components might change or need
> some more work.

I think there is some major suckiness in 2.1 right now in the XSLT
transformation area. Namely:

- using Xalan, the serializer parameters (encoding, doctype, buffer
size) are ignored (bug 11935)
- using XSLTC, sometimes namespace declarations are lost, which makes it
  difficult to use namespaces to select elements in a stylesheet
- using Saxon breaks the authentication framework: Saxon insists on
using it's own parser which returns null for the following call in
AuthenticationManager:

	authenticationFragment = doc.createDocumentFragment();

Everything else I'm currently using looks very good and stable, but
since XSLT is a *major* concern in Cocoon, these bugs are very annoying.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/