cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Morphos in Cocoon
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:01:44 GMT
>I can't currently see the benefit of this move - as far as I understand it
>_Morphos_ has a much wider (or different) scope than Cocoon - so
>why should it be part.
No.  Morphos has a much narrower scope and should be a Cocoon block or
set of blocks.  For deserializing binary formats as XML and serializing
XML as binary formats.  This would allow us to refactor serializers into
a more standard framework.

>I would suggest as long as we only have one single repository for
>Cocoon we should leave _Morphos_ were it is. I think it is well
>located in commons right now.
That's fine.  It does preclude my participation; however, so I'll
continue to maintain the HSSFSerializer as a seperate fork from the one
included in Morphos.

>BTW: do you know the XMLizer component comming from Avalon Excalibur.
>I guess this is something which also fits into _Morphos_, right?
>Carsten Ziegeler
>Ihnen fehlen die richtigen Worte für Ihre SMS? WEB.DE FreeMail hat die
>besten Sprüche für Sie.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, email:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: