cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Workshop by Software AG and TECCO
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:54:30 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> As I understand it this has nothing to do with the well-known "Software AG",
> but rather a company called "Cocoon Technologies Software AG" (that is yet
> unknown from Google or alltheweb.com).

Great, talking about confusing people.

> So I think "Cocoon technologies Software" is the name of the company and
> CORSO is their product.

Oh, god.

> The presentation at http://www.aoug.at/Files/exp402co.pdf gives some (rather
> thin) info on the product.

Hmmm, it would be *very* interesting to know if they are using Cocoon to
power their system because of they do, they might find themselves in
legal troubles for having used the Cocoon name in their company name
(BTW, their pipeline model looks suspiciously similar to ours, but it
might well be a coincidence)

Does anybody know? Can anyone find out? that would be very helpful. I'd
be *very* pissed (which will translates into "i can be your worst
enemy") if somebody was commercially abusing our name for commercial
purposes without deserving it.