cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Using pipeline as sitemap components (long)
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:42:51 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> We can already can choose the view for a "cocoon:" resource by means
>> of the standard "cocoon-view" parameter. So I would avoid adding a
>> new attribute and simply write
>>
>> <map:generate type="cocoon"
>> src="/whatever/resource?cocoon-view=content"/>
>

> I much rather see an explicit way to indicate the view. It removes
> dependencies on how the view is encoded into the URI (which might
> change in the future once the 'view' concept is used by non-cocoon
> frameworks)

What about
<map:generate type="cocoon" src="/whatever/resource">
  <map:parameter name="view" value="content"/>
</map:generate>

> Moreover, this is another reason to have a specific sitemap semantics
> for explicit pipeline calls.

Once again, I don't consider this to be a new concept on the caller side
: the caller just wants a generator, transformer or serializer. This is
only on the callee part that things are new, since some parts of the
called pipeline aren't used.

Sylvain