cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Using pipeline as sitemap components (long)
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 04:37:17 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> We can already can choose the view for a "cocoon:" resource by means of
> the standard "cocoon-view" parameter. So I would avoid adding a new
> attribute and simply write
>
> <map:generate type="cocoon" src="/whatever/resource?cocoon-view=content"/>

I much rather see an explicit way to indicate the view. It removes
dependencies on how the view is encoded into the URI (which might change
in the future once the 'view' concept is used by non-cocoon frameworks)

Moreover, this is another reason to have a specific sitemap semantics
for explicit pipeline calls.