cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Mods to CocoonLucene
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:10:36 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:

>> PS. Please remember to commit your SearchTransformer, it's going to
>> be much more powerful solution for modifying queries on the fly, and
>> all that can lead to ....

Ok, it's in. That's LuceneTransformer in the scratchpad, take a look at
it. I use it to populate index directly from database, bypassing
crawling (otherwise index creation will not finish in several days!!!)

I'm really sorry that I've provided no documentation to it, but usage
principally is similar to:

<lucene:index create="yes">
<lucene:document url="http://host/app/path/document">
<document>
    <s1 title="Introduction" lucene:text-attr="yes">
    </s1>
</document>
</lucene:document>
</lucene:index>

Here,
lucene:store: Means that index will store content of this element to be
shown later in search results.
lucene:text-attr: Means that attributes of the element should also be
indexed together with the content of the element.

Vadim