cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Walker <sim...@sbs.bangor.ac.uk>
Subject Double doc-type lines when using Saxon
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:58:42 GMT
Hello,

I have just tried configuring the 2.0.4-dev version of Cocoon
to use Saxon. It went easy enough, I used the instructions posted
to this list a while back and also referenced on the wiki. I am
using Saxon version 6.5.2.

The strange thing is that I now get the doc-type twice at the
top of every page, like this:

<!DOCTYPE html
    PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<!DOCTYPE html
    PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

If I change the serializer doc-type parameter in the main sitemap
then both of the above line will change together. You can see this
at our test website http://vogon.bangor.ac.uk/

Has anyone noticed this problem? Any ideas as to what I can do
about it?

Regards,
Simeon

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702