cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Real-Life Events
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:13:52 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

 > Forth, the ASF just established a fund-raising commitee. I talked
 > with the ASF conference committee and they say that it's entirely
 > possible that Apache partecipates officially in the production of
 > project-related real-life events. Whether this means *money* is yet
 > to be estimated, also depending on the money raised by the
 > fund-raising commitee. Anyway, FYI.

I remember asking about potential sponsorship of the ASF for the
GetTogether. It was just an <aside/> in a mail to Brian (attached) cc-ed
on the reorg list.

Related to that, I sent a mail regarding EurApacheCon to Ken some time
ago (attached too, sorry about the tone of that message).

What I'm trying to say is that this is a good idea. OTOH, I'm assured
that we should be very careful about mixed interests:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=103780260804583&w=2

Ken: please don't take the hyperlinked message above as critique. It is
just one of the remarks I got from the GetTogether attendees: they
really like it to be a GetTogether of users & developers, rather than a
conference where sponsors automagically acquire the right for speaking
slots. I think an exhibition, with enough time to visit that exhibition,
is kind-of a nice balance between people being able to showcase their
stuff, while not 'commercially polluting' the content exchange (and we
made some errors against it during this first GetTogether ourselves).

But I'll quit ranting for now ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org