cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Cocoon Real-Life Events
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:40:44 GMT
It's great to see so many cocoon people talking together in real life.
Too bad the two events happen at the same time.

First of all, I'd like to thank Steven, Marc and Bruno for the effort
they put into the Cocoon GetTogether 2002 in Ghent, Belgium. I hear only
great comments and this makes me proud of this community even if I
couldn't attend. A great happy birthday to Outerthought!

Second, I'd like to thank all the people that attended the Cocoon BOF at
ApacheCON 2002. It was great to be able to express things with a much
higher bandwidth.

Third, I would love to have Cocoon Hackatons where developers could fill
a single room and talk about Cocoon design for a full day or so. I will
look for ways to make this possible and economically feasible.

Forth, the ASF just established a fund-rasing commitee. I talked with
the ASF conference committee and they say that it's entirely possible
that Apache partecipates officially in the production of project-related
real-life events. Whether this means *money* is yet to be estimated,
also depending on the money raised by the fund-raising commitee. Anyway,
FYI.

Fifth, Andrew Oliver made extensible comments on what he doesn't like on
Cocoon, mostly lack of quality in some parts of the code, lack of unit
tests and painfully slow patch-injecting process. As a result, I
proposed him commit access and he said it would like to help. I'll
follow up with a specific email for a vote on that.

Finally, I would like to thank (sarcasticly) Peter for taking those
pictures of me at the BOF and placing them on the web. :-Prrr