cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: internal pipeline caching
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:58:31 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Should internal pipelines, made up of cachable components, be cachable
> by CachingCIncludeTransformer?

AFAIU:

Internal pipeline, when caching implementation is used, will cache its
own results in case somebody asks for it again.

CachingCIncludeTransformer only purpose is to compose proper key and
validity, which should be created using validities of all included parts.

PS: Last time I checked, 2.1 caching pipeline implementation was not
complete. So, before you file a bug against CachingCIncludeTransformer,
check that bug exists in 2.0.4-dev.

Vadim