cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Mods to CocoonLucene
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:27:58 GMT
hi
>> Adding configuration to SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl you work
>> the same way as in SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl.
>>
>> Adding your <title> stuff SimpleLuceneCocoonIndexerImpl may be  expressed
>> in the configuration:
>>
>>   <index-field-rules>
>>     <!-- sequence of index field rules is important,
>>       first come first server rule resolution
>>     -->
>>     <index-field-rule name="*@title" mode="Indexed,Stored"/>
>>     <!-- the default rule as yet used -->
>>     <index-field name="*@*" mode="Unstored"/>
>>     <index-field name="body" mode="Unstored"/>
>>   </index-fields>
>>

> You have me confused, now, are you saying this is already implemented?
> I cannot find any reference to this configuration in the 2.1 code.
now the index-field-rules configuration snippet above is a suggestion
to make your title stuff configurable, it is not implemented yet,
just a suggestion how the configuration should look like.

>> ad Index Updating:
>>   hopefully will answer you later....
>>
>> ad Content View Setting:
>> define in your sitemap:
>>   <map:view from-label="content" name="index-view">
>>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>   </map:view>
>>
>> Use index-view in indexing/crawling a new view-name, check by using
>> url ...?cocoon-view=index-view your setting
>>

> Are you sure this configuration is being read?
>
> The default "cocoon-view=content" is set in
> "SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl", but I cannot see where the configuration
> overrides the default.
you are right, i put the view label-snippet-sitemap snippet above to
explain how to configure a new view.
As you pointed out the new view definition is yet useless as
SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl is still a bit ignorant....

> SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl has an empty 'configure' method.

that's right, SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl has empty 'configure',
and if you want to change it you are free to use the configuration
suggestion of above, and add your own needs.

regards Bernhard