cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Xalan Serializer content-handler was: Re: Current CVS broken!
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:58:35 GMT
hi,
i had a similiar problem as described in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103691544504478&w=2
i didn't solved it completly yet, but i resisted in copying jars to
the tomcat-4.x\lib, and tomcat-4.x\endorsed directory,
i'm using j2sdk1.4.0 under windows-2000
As i think that we cannot solve problems by replacing just jars, as
other webapplications, might need some different jars....

I tried to solve the original exception cause.
I fixed it quickly by changing HTMLSerializer configure method to:
public void configure(Configuration conf)
     throws ConfigurationException {
         super.configure( conf );
         this.format.put(OutputKeys.METHOD,"html");
this.format.put( "{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}indent-amount", "2" );
this.format.put( "{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler",
"org.apache.xalan.serialize.SerializerToHTML" );
}

This way xalan likes to serialize html again.
Does anybody know if this is a correct solution?
I'm a bit confused as until now the SerializerToXXX code of cocoon
was using Xalan for serialization, and it worked fine.

BTW: preferring this solution you have to make a
this.format.put( "{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler",
"org.apache.xalan.serialize.SerializerToXML" );
in the XMLSerializer, too.

Any comments

bye bernhard