cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Releases
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:52:54 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi Team,
>
>I had some busy weeks without much time for Cocoon - but I see
>some light, so there are some chances for a new release.
>
>I have the perception that we can make a 2.0.4 release without
>problems, is this right?

One thing I'd like to have is input modules in the interpreted engine in
2.0.4 (for now, it's only in the 2.1).

>If so, I would suggest the 21st of November for a release date.
>Any objections or problems?

I personally will see some light starting at 20th nov. for the job
mentioned above. So what about targeting the end of november ? This will
give everybody enough time to check in their last updates and have a
sufficient delay for code freeze and good testing before the release.

>And if we are talking about releases what do you think of
>a 2.1alpha release on the same date? I know that some things
>are not working/finished but it's an alpha releae anyway.

In Apache wording, an alpha version means something functional but whose
APIs may still change. So why not ? The current 2.1 branch seems quite
stable.

>I think with these release we show that we are "back on track".
>(And it will lead us to a release plan for 2.1.)

Sylvain