cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transformer Creates Error in getContentAsSAX
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:53:33 GMT
Subrahmanya, Noida wrote:

 > I have database setup with XMLResource Chani at collection Mytown
 > University/Student applications/
 > Note Statement i is being commented. When request  for url
 > http://localhost:8080/cocoon/demodb/Chani it completely displays
 > Chani XML on browser. But by being statement 1 uncommented it throws
 > attched exception.
 > What could be the reason? I think in first case it looks for transformer
 > . If it is not there it calls getContent or else getContentAsSAX.
 > Is there any Idia. Is it possible to use cutomer code to generate XML
 > enevts for XML:DB pseudo protocol. If yes any idea to how go about it?

first of all please try to avoid HTML in your mail, as I (and I think
many others out there) have troubles in following you with your current
e-mail setup (hint: have a look at
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html).

Now for your problem: it's weird. IIUC (but please confirm) when you are
using just a generator and a serializer everything works fine, but when
you add a transformer you get that exception. This definitely shouldn't
happen: from the generator POV a Serializer, just like a Transformer,
acts as a ContentHandler, so there should be no difference at all in the
way the XMLDB Source works. In both cases getContentAsSAX() is called,
so there is no difference in the behaviour of the component. Do you have
any sensible information in the Cocoon logs?

Let me know,

--
Gianugo Rabellino