cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Is anyone using cocoon.xconf files in Mounts?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 20:19:34 GMT
Justin Fagnani-Bell wrote:

> I'm having problems with Cocoon Mounts and using cocoon.xconf files in
> the mount sub-directories. I've posted about this a few times but
> haven't gotten a response, so I'm wondering if anyone out there is
> using mounts and cocoon.xconf files.

Can you explain what are those sub-cocoon.xconf files you're talking
about ? AFAIK (or I missed something important), Cocoon currently only
has *one* cocoon.xconf, which is not related to mounts.

Are you talking about subsitemaps ?

> My problem is that I can't access JDBC datasources defined in the
> sub-cocoon.xconf files. I believe this is because to get a datasource
> you need to use a ComponentSelector, and I think the ComponentSelector
> for datasources doesn't have access to the components defined in the
> cocoon.xconf files in the Mounts.
> I can't really find much documentation on this except for at the
> cocoon wiki where it just say this should be possible, and defining
> datasource is one of the reasons for having sub-cocoon.xconf files.

Are you referring to ?

I guess (... or I missed something) that what's written there is
slightly wrong. Since 2.0.x, actually since the interpreted sitemap
engine, you can add new components in <map:components>, but not in a
separate cocoon.xconf. This may be what you're looking for.

If nobody objects, I'll update the wiki page to remove this cocoon.xconf
in subdirectories.

> I'd love to hear if anyone has attempted this, whether or not you've
> succeeded or failed, because at this point it feels like I might be
> the only attempting this, and surely that can't be. There must be
> someone out there who's tried, one of the developers of this
> functionality maybe?
> Thanks again, in advance, for any responses,
>   Justin

Hope this helps...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: