cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: cocoon-2.0.3 fails when modifying a sitemap.xconf online ...
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:45:10 GMT
Hussayn Dabbous wrote:

> Hy;
> thank you for the quick response;
>
> I will consider upgrading although i would
> prefer to keep on using the last release distrib,
> because i believe, it is more stable.
> But is this realy true ?
>
> Would you recommend to use the current CVS
> version for a production environment in place
> of release 2.0.3 ?

Not the CVS HEAD version, but the stable branch from the CVS:

cvs co -r cocoon_2_0_3_branch -d xml-cocoon204 xml-cocoon2

This will give you Cocoon 2.0.4-dev version, which is stable, comparing
to Cocoon 2.1-dev, which is in alpha state.

> Or could i alternatively apply the fix you mentioned
> to cocoon-2.0.3 somehow? How would i do this in principle?

If you want to patch 2.0.3, you would need to find all the patches (go
to cvs.apache.org and browse there) and apply them to the 2.0.3 source
code, but this will not be that easy to do, because you need to patch
more then one file. Also, you can browse  archive of the mail list
xml-cocoon2-cvs.

Vadim