cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: machine name for cocondev.org
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:55:10 GMT
Robert Koberg wrote:

> Hi,

Ok, that rules out butterfly, I think :)

> But why does the machine name need to be changed if it is going to be
> a bunch of virtual hosts pointed from the apache.org domain?

Simple. Because the machine name is *also* a virtual host and I don't
wnat to have to indicate this every single time I talk about
cocoondev.org (the machine) and not cocoondev.org (the site).

> I would suggest somoething like the following for all projects:
>
> dev.projectx.cocoon.apache.org -- for development purposes
>
> Then when ready to go to QA, create a branch/tag and promote the site to:
>
> qa.projectx.cocoon.apache.org
>
> If something is broken, fix it in the branch and keep QAing until it
> can be
> promoted to something like:
>
> cert.projectx.cocoon.apache.org

Rob, it took me two years to come close enough to be able to get *one*
virtual host. One step at the time, please.