cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Lucene Problems
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2002 20:34:28 GMT
hi,

>  IOException in index()
>
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: IOException in
> index(): java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-
> files/index/_1d.f30 (Too many open files)
>
> This causes the index to be incomplete, and causes further problems
> when you try to search using the index.
>
> If I use the Lucene Samples in Cocoon, and index my Cocoon
> documentation, I always get this error.

Hm, i once got this kind of error, too,
but i can't remember exactly how i did solve it,
perhaps you must set the mergefactor of lucene differently.
As much as i remember lucene has some options about how many files are
kept opened in case of indexing,
it later merges the indexes files, ....

> Before I started to have the indexing failures, I had another
> problem,  this time much more difficult to replicate.
>
> About every 10 searches, I would get a "Bad Resource" error from
> LuceneGenerator. A simple reload of the page would give me the search
> hits I expected.
>
> Can anyone think of a Cocoon cause for these problems, or should I
> get  onto the Lucene team about them?

Do you have anymore detailed exception stack traces?