cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: [OT] cocoon is like windows
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2002 13:12:26 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> wrote:
> > I thought of Cocoon as an XML/XSLT processing environment, not XML
> > publishing tool. So, whenever someone makes something interesting with
> > XML,
> > Cocoon developers plug it in to Cocoon in form of transformer or
> > generator
> > and so on. So, I don't have to write Java programs for every XML tool, I
> > nicely use Cocoon's component and make that tool cooperate with other
> > stuff.
> > Currently, I've to go and set up sitemaps. Why not to allow me
> 'directly'
> > invoke any component I want? It'll be more interactive. Easier to
> > experiemnt
> > with and, perhaps, to learn XML.
> >
> Ok, I got it ! What you're looking for is a web-based sitemap editor !
> Have you looked at sitebuilder in scratchpad/webapp ? This may be what
> you want.

I thought he was looking for a 'Cocoon Console' something like a BASH
where instead of /bin/* programs you pipe cocoon components.

I guess Argyn doesn't really perceive the complexity of the cocoon
sitemap or the complexity of the console scripting dialect that would be
required to express all the sitemap potentials.

Besides, sounds like an instance of the golden-hammer antipattern to me.

Stefano Mazzocchi                               <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message