cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [OT] cocoon is like windows
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 19:56:12 GMT
Steven Punte wrote:

 > Cocoon is excellent software, but the  broader potential user
 > community is in need of more hand-holding (i.e. they are not up for
 > the more technical reverse engineering and research task compared to
 > our present user community group).

+1 - it's the challenge ahead of us for the year to come.

Other than that, I believe this thread is rapidly approaching the
FUD-level we are now encountering in the flawed J2EE vs .Net benchmark
by the Middleware Company.

Better docs & better design patterns will help us out. As far as
community-based system design and architecture is concerned, I believe
cocoon-dev is doing an ace job, for Cocoon-core at least. But maybe we
should make the distinction between the core and the add-on apps a bit
more clear, so that people don't think they have to use each and every
nifty little feature we added to the codebase to solve our private
itches. A number of competing and overlapping components and
'subframeworks' are perhaps confusing the user community.

</Steven>