cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <jus...@paraliansoftware.com>
Subject Is anyone using cocoon.xconf files in Mounts?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 19:20:59 GMT
I'm having problems with Cocoon Mounts and using cocoon.xconf files in
the mount sub-directories. I've posted about this a few times but
haven't gotten a response, so I'm wondering if anyone out there is
using mounts and cocoon.xconf files.

My problem is that I can't access JDBC datasources defined in the
sub-cocoon.xconf files. I believe this is because to get a datasource
you need to use a ComponentSelector, and I think the ComponentSelector
for datasources doesn't have access to the components defined in the
cocoon.xconf files in the Mounts.

I can't really find much documentation on this except for at the cocoon
wiki where it just say this should be possible, and defining datasource
is one of the reasons for having sub-cocoon.xconf files.

I'd love to hear if anyone has attempted this, whether or not you've
succeeded or failed, because at this point it feels like I might be the
only attempting this, and surely that can't be. There must be someone
out there who's tried, one of the developers of this functionality
maybe?

Thanks again, in advance, for any responses,
   Justin