cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Mods to CocoonLucene
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:29:37 GMT

On Friday, Nov 15, 2002, at 14:12 Europe/London, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> 2.) Modified LuceneIndexContentHandler to add (Stored, Untokenised,
>> Unindexed) 'title' fields to the index, made from
>

> Configurable (and default is
>
>> <title/>
>

> )

Hi Vadim,

There are two things that do need to be configurable, maybe I can ask
your advice.

SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl does not have it's configuration code, for
configuring 'content-view', which would be useful, I think I can work
this out.

I'd also like (as you suggest) to configure LuceneIndexContentHandler
with a list of tag localnames that should be added to the index in such
a way that they are retrieved with hits.

LuceneIndexContentHandler is not a Component, it is instantiated
directly by SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl.

How best to configure LuceneIndexContentHandler?

1) add the 'hit-fields' (?) configuration to
SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl, and have it pass the List to
LuceneIndexContentHandler in it's constructor?

2) Same as above but using a setter method instead of the constructor
parameter?

3) make LuceneIndexContentHandler into a configurable component, with a
role, have SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl find it by that role, configuring
it with 'hit-fields' directly?

Thanks for any suggestions

regards Jeremy