cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Melhem <micha...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Using pipeline as sitemap components (long)
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:49:43 GMT
On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 05:35:03PM +0100, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> cziegeler@s-und-n.de wrote:
>

> >> So what if we introduce some new statements to define incomplete
> >> pipelines to be used as pipeline services ? For example, a serialization
> >> service could be defined using :

Remember, Pipelines need not be of the same implementation. What happens if a
caching-pipeline calls a pipeline-service from a non-caching-pipeline?

Currently, from what I understand, it is the calling
pipeline implementation that is used. If this is so, this would imply that
pipeline-services are independent of the pipeline they are specified in.

So, if pipeline-services do not necessarily use the pipeline they are
defined in, then shouldnt they be defined outside the pipeline?

Wouldnt this simply turn them into sitemap resources? With the exception that they
are visible from other sitemaps?

> >> <map:begin-service/>
> >> <map:transform src="xdoc2fo.xsl"/>
> >> <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>

This would simply be a sitemap resource or a cocoon-view!

> >> and a transformation service could be defined using :
> >>
> >> <map:begin-service/>
> >> <map:transform src="foo.xsl"/>
> >> <map:end-service/>

Again, this would be a sitemap resource.

Regards,
Michael Melhem