cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject [RT] community-oriented graphical design tool?
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 08:42:27 GMT
In "back from Germany" Stefano says:

>. . .
> but keep in mind that if you are not able to do software design on a
> mail list, you won't be helpful for this project. Community autofiltering.
>
>And I think this is a *great* feature, not a bug.
>. . .

I agree to some extent, but having to work on designs with *text only* is not
very efficient; some form of virtual whiteboard would make things a lot
smoother and preciser.

At this point my dream would be to enhance the wiki [1] to allow
*editable drawings* on the wiki pages. Ideally, embedding SVG drawings in the
wiki pages and using a simple drawing/scribbling applet to collaborate on
them.

How does this sound? Anyone know of existing tools for this (jdk 1.1
drawing applet, wiki extensions)?.

-Bertrand

[1] Next week I'll try to write at least one message that does not contain
the word "wiki". I promise ;-)