cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <>
Subject Re: 2_0_3 branch modified to use excalibur jars from HEAD
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:41:31 GMT
Mac OS X 10.2.2, Java 1.4.1 (prerelease), Tomcat 4.1.16 (alpha):

Since these changes, the samples appear to be working fine with the
exception of the SVG to JPEG rendering which has never to my knowledge
worked on Mac OS X! (I haven't carried out exhaustive tests of

I notice that this change has removed the use of two versions of Avalon
libraries for different JVMs.  Does this mean that a compiled binary of
Cocoon should now run under JVM 1.3.1 and JVM 1.4.1 without
modification?  If so, can the build message indicating which JVM it is
targeted for be removed?

I haven't been able to get it running under 1.3.1, but that appears
initially to be a problem with Tomcat 4.1.16.