cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [XMLFORMS exception] was Re: Exception with current CVS of 2.1
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:58:59 GMT

The latest Cocoon CVS HEAD (2.1) is working again, but...

Read details below:

After I spent a few hours trying to debug the problem,
I realized that there is an issue with Xerces 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 (or
incompatibility between it and the new Xalan libs).
I rolled back to Xerces 2.1.0 and things are looking good again.
I kept the latest versions of Xalan.
The combination appears to work well.

As far as XSLTC is concerned, there appears to be a difference in the
behaviour between its latest version and Xalan.
I am attaching two html files, result from XSLTC and Xalan applied against
the same xml source file.
The stylesheet is also attached.
Xalan produces the results that I would like to see,
although it is possible that my stylesheet is buggy.

Until now all XMLForm demo pages have been working equally good with both
XSLTC and Xalan.
I will now have to switch the demo to Xalan until this difference in the
translators is resolved.

If anybody has a better diagnostics of the problem, please notify the Xalan
group of your findings.

Cheers,

Ivelin