cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Denis" <denis.thie...@aic-info.com>
Subject Re: FOP - Adding Font and compile the fop.jar for cocoon?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:16:00 GMT
Hi Rogier,

Which version of cocoon are you using? I remember that I got troubles while
using the
parameter inside the serializer declaration (user-config data was
overwritten by the
default data from the jar file ...but it was version 2.0.2) and I never
tested it again
onto ver 2.0.3 & 2.1-dev ...

Regards,

Denis

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rogier Peters" <Rogier@hippo.nl>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 9:42 AM
Subject: RE: FOP - Adding Font and compile the fop.jar for cocoon?

I'm sorry for reacting this late: I got this working without touching the
fop.jar

You can configure the fopserializer in your sitemap, like so:

<map:serializer mime-type="application/pdf" name="fo2pdf"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer">
<user-config src="j:/sites/demo/resources/fo/userconfig.xml"/>
</map:serializer>

And another thing is that the fop userconfig.xml is kind of picky for
filenotation, this is what I found on a mailinglist somewhere, mark the
difference between metrics-file attribute and embed-file attribute:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
<fonts>
kerning="yes" embed-file="j:\sites\demo\resources\fo\FT______.TTF">
kerning="yes" embed-file="j:\sites\demo\resources\fo\FTB_____.TTF">
</fonts>
</configuration>

With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,

Rogier Peters
Content Management Department
Hippo Webworks
Rogier(at)hippo(dot)nl / www.hippo.nl