cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: [SUMMARY] JFreeChart, anyone ?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:36:50 GMT
Luca

FWIW, I have spent a fair amount of time building SVG graphs -
these have been based on an XML construct for the graph 'definition'
plus the use of XSL for transformation (followed, if required, by
serialization as PNG or JPEG - this latter step being quite trivial
in Cocoon).

Not sure if this will be of any use to you or your project, but
graphing
under Cocoon remains a strong (and ongoing interest) so I would
like to help if possible (I am *not* a Java coder, but could comment
on design specs and/or test if required) and would certainly be
interested in the final product - pity it could not have come sooner
as am I in the middle of a new project that could *really* use it!

Regards
Derek

>>> spectrum.morandini@ipzs.it 22/10/2002 03:11:33 >>>
Folks,

first, I'd like to thank all the people who kindly answered my call.

However, the project I'm currently involved needs something else than
serializer, and something more flexible than Krysalis-Wings,
therefore:

1) We'd like to build a transformer (chart definition and chart data
in, SVG
out) from scratch (the resulting SVG may be serialized as PNG or JPEG
later
in the pipeline)
2) We'll use JFreeChart (our customer likes it, moreover, we deem it
more
powerful than JChart)
3) We'll develop the code for Pie, Bar and Stacked bar charts only; but
we
hope to provide a good code base to build upon
4) Our customer (Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato
http://www.ipzs.it ) would like to donate the resulting software (the
Transformer).
5) We'll develop it in the next couple of weeks
6) We'll build it using Cocoon 2.0.2

Let me know if someone has some comments/suggestions on it.
Particularly,
I'd like to know whether it could be built as a Cocoon block (and
how).

Best regards,

Luca Morandini
spectrum.morandini@ipzs.it
lmorandini@ieee.org

     We are protected from the virus by Norton Antivirus Corporate
Edition