cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Multiple namespaces in sitemaps
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:54:03 GMT

    Colin> I do not understand why the sitemap.xmap files use two
    Colin> namespaces (the map: namespace and the global
    Colin> namespace). Does anyone know, or is it just an accident?  I
    Colin> think I shall experiment by adding a default namespace, to
    Colin> make the two identical, and see if anything breaks.  --

Well, it certainly does break - in a way that I did not expect:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
 Failed to load sitemap from jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:
 jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:78:86:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The prefix "map" for element "map:generator" is not bound.

Since I had removed the prefix map: from all sitemap.xmap files for
this test, and changing all xmlns:map= to xmlns=, it seems cocoon does
not understand xml namespaces. Is this by deliberate design?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire